Chris's professional experience includes an internship with the Oregon Attorney General, Criminal Appeals Section; bailiff for the Honorable Barbara Durham of the King County Superior Court, and principal and founder of the Fox Law Office in Kirkland. His practice focuses on family law related matters with an emphasis on working closely with the client to achieve an expeditious and favorable outcome.
He is also available as a private mediator in family law settlement conferences.
Chris is the founder and publisher of the Washington Family Law Reporter, a quarterly publication provided to judges and attorneys since 1982. Chris has convened annual family law conferences and is a frequent speaker at CLE seminars.
Family, photography, sculling and cycling are very important in his life.
Admitted To Practice : Washington State Bar (1977)
Recognitions and Memberships:
- Best Lawyer, Seattle Metropolitan Magazine 2010
- Family Law Attorney of the Year – 1993, Washington State Bar Association
- Martindale Hubble - 5of 5 Rating
- AVVO - 9.8/10 Rating
- Member - King County and Washington State Bar Associations
- Member – Eastside Legal Assistance Program (providing pro bono services)
- Former Member & President, Board of Directors Kirkland Interfaith Transitions in Housing (KITH)
- Bill Petter Volunteer of the Year Award, 2009, Kirkland Interfaith Transitions In Housing (KITH)
- Former Director, 7 Hills of Kirkland Cycling Charity Event
- Former Chairperson, City of Kirkland Civil Service Commission
J.D., Willamette University College of Law, 1977
B.A., University of Washington 1974
Smith v. Dalton, 58 Wn.App. 876 (1990)
Holaday v. Merceri, 49 Wn.App. 321 (1986)
Northlake Concrete Products v. Wylie, 34 Wn.App. 810 (1983)
State v. Vannoy, 25 Wn.App. 464 (1980)
State v. Beck, 24 Wn.App. 1016 (1979)